Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Untimely Demise

I was hoping to tell you about all of the great progress I was making on my Wasabi Pumpkin socks in another couple of posts, but after writing about them last week, I was distracted by other shiny, new projects and put them down.

I picked them up again last night, and as I was diligently reading through the pattern I thought, "Hm. That's odd." You probably realize that this is ever a good sign while knitting. Turns out I had misplaced the increases in the fourth round of the trinity stitch pattern. So over lunch today, I prepared to do the right thing: I inserted some smaller needles two pattern repeats back, I ripped back to the cuff, and then disaster struck.

Untimely Demise

Did I ever mention that I have a very, very naughty cat?

Spock

I was hoping this wouldn't become one of those cat-filled knitting blogs, but it turns out that I do have a very naughty cat. Oh yes, I do. As I was ripping back, he started chewing on the yarn and rolling around in it.

When I went to shoo him away, the yarn wrapped around his tail, and he took off RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE! He made three full laps around our apartment before finally hiding under the bed, the sock flying behind him the whole way. I couldn't have caught him if I had tried.

It was sort of like that scene in the The Ugly Dachshund on speed:



Unfortunately, scissors were necessary to finally detach the sock from the cat. Don't worry: the cat is just fine. The sock?

Untimely Demise


Well, I think I'm going to put this yarn away for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no,I hope you recover soon because the socks were looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too bad, cats can be a real pain. Mine like needles, not yarn, but still annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - luv it! looks familiar - since I have dachshunds and all! And both have taken a liking to my yarn =)

    ReplyDelete