Tuesday, April 6, 2010

T-Shirt Quilt

Last month the chemist went to a conference in Florida, leaving me to my own devices for a week. So, for a few glorious days I didn't cook, knit way too much, and enjoyed sole possession of the remote control. Since we're being honest here, I have to admit that I cleaned out our the chemist's closets while he was gone too.

(Apparently, I have no shame. Or, I'm turning into my mother.)

As I was going through our closets, I ran across a bag of t-shirts that the chemist wanted to keep but were generally unfit to wear in decent company. Ya'll, I am not a saver nor do I fancy myself as overly sentimental, but I just couldn't get rid of them. So, I did the only logical thing a crafter that wants clean closets can do: I made a t-shirt quilt.

T-Shirt Quilt

It was a pretty fast and easy project, even for a complete quilting novice like myself. In fact, I think that I only worked on it on and off for about three weeks. I mostly followed the instructions found here, which contained just enough hand holding to get the job done. Though, I ended up consulting YouTube for the binding, which I'm pretty sure I butchered anyways. (It really only matters that it's attached, right?)

T-Shirt Quilt

It's far from perfect, but I'm so happy with it. I love how each shirt has a story and how it's a tangible scrap book of our first five years together.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you can make one out of Western-style snap shirts? Himself will not wear a tee. *snicker*

    ReplyDelete