Monday, December 20, 2010

Unintentional Failure

o·ver·sight [oh-ver-sahyt] – noun

1. An unintentional failure to notice or do something.



Stocking


That pretty much sums up this project. I just finished blocking a Christmas stocking for my mother in law, and I was feeling pretty smug that I was almost done with it. But, I really should have given more thought to the whole "knit stocking" thing. Given how popular knit stockings are, it never once occurred to me that knitting is stretchy.

I just tested it out by filling it with her stocking stuffers, and it sagged. A LOT. All of the gifts slid into the foot of the stocking and bulged out every which way. Surprise!

Why I didn't think of this before, I'll never know. It really needs a lining, something I didn't anticipate in my timeline. Between travel and holiday commitments, I'm not sure if it's going to get done in time to celebrate Christmas Eve. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment