Friday, August 6, 2010

DIY Stitch Markers

I've been coveting a set of pretty beaded stitch markers for at least a year now, and last weekend I finally decided to do something about it. Being a do-it-yourself-er (and exceedingly cheap), I consulted some rudimentary instructions I found via Google, picked up some beads on sale at Michael's, and fashioned a handful of my own stitch markers.

Stitch Markers

Despite not knowing the first thing about beading, I think they turned out alright. I especially love the gray opalescent ones. (How pretty will those be on a lace project?) I haven't had a chance to test them out to see if they snag and hold up to use, but I can't see any major problems looming.

Stitch Markers

Plus, for a less than $20, I ended up with a ton of them, easily enough for a couple of sweaters or a big project. I'm tempted to cast on another project just to try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment